Are you dealing with hormonal imbalance? Do you feel like your hormones are “off” but unsure of where to start? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki tackle the complex topic of women’s hormones throughout life’s major transitions from menstruation to menopause, the signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalance and recommendations for rebalancing your hormones!
In this episode, Ali and Becki break down the functions of hormones in the body as well as telltale signs of hormonal imbalance. From PMS and anxiety to fluid retention and skin conditions, hormonal imbalance can manifest in many different ways and can be seen as an outward expression of underlying toxicity, dysbiosis or a physical or psychological state of stress. Learn how food-as-medicine can be used to balance hormone expression as well as lifestyle modifications and supplements to aid in achieving a more balanced state in both body and mind.
Also in this episode:
- The Role of Stress and HPA Axis Dysregulation in Hormonal Imbalance
- Signs and Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
- The Pregnenolone Steal
- PCOS, DHEA and Testosterone
- 5 Foods to Balance Hormones
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Neurohormone Complete Plus Testing
- How to Safely Detox Excess Estrogen
- Supplements to aid in achieving hormonal balance:
NOTE: The antioxidant compound broccoli is glucoraphainin, which was stated incorrectly in this episode.